This one bowl vegan banana bread recipe is perfection. It’s super moist and has a light, fluffy texture. It has just the right amount of spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice) that really highlights the banana flavour and doesn’t over power the banana. It’s not too sweet. The toasty walnut and cinnamon sugar topping give it the perfect crunchy bite and added sweetness. It’s vegan and can be made in just one bowl. So if you have spotty bananas laying around the house, then this is the perfect way to use them up.
One Bowl Vegan Banana Bread
- 3 medium bananas (super ripe)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar (85g)
- 1 Tbsp organic brown sugar (15g)
- 1/2 cup neutral oil (105g)
- 1 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all purpose flour (150g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (75g)
- 1 Tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel bananas into a large bowl and mash them with a whisk until smooth.
- Add cane sugar, brown sugar, oil, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar. Mix until well incorporated with the mashed bananas.
- Into the same bowl, add flour, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer batter into a 4 1/2" X 8 1/2" loaf pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts and cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes. After 45-50 minutes, You can insert a cake tester or toothpick in the center, and if it comes out clean, then you'll know that the banana bread is done.
- Cool completely before slicing. Keeps for up to 3 days at room temperature in an airtight container.