This 15-minute vegan bulgogi udon noodles recipe is the perfect easy vegan weeknight meal! In this recipe, I will show you step-by-step on how to make the perfect udon noodle stir fry. The best part is that this dish is a one pan noodle recipe that tastes better than restaurant take out!
15-MINUTE VEGAN BULGOGI UDON NOODLES
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- ½ tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
For the stir fry
- 50 g julienned carrots (about 1/2 medium carrot)
- 50 g or 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 110 g or ¼ block of extra firm tofu, cut into bite-size strips
- 100 g or 2 heads baby bok choy, trimmed, rinsed & cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ red fresno chili, de-seeded & thinly sliced
- ½ tablespoon neutral oil
- 230 g or 1 portion frozen udon noodles
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a colander, rinse frozen udon noodles under hot water to thaw and gently separate the noodles. Drain off excess water and set aside.
- In a large pan, add neutral oil on high heat. Once the pan is hot, add tofu strips and pan fry each side until golden brown.
- Once the tofu is about 80% golden, add sliced mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms with the tofu until golden.
- When the mushrooms have developed some brown color, add fresno chili, julienned carrots, baby bok choy, and sauce. Stir fry for about 30 seconds, then add noodles and stir fry with the noodles until all the sauce is absorbed into the noodles, tofu, and vegetables evenly. Serve immediately.