If you’re looking for that perfect bakery style chocolate chip cookies, then these are it! These chocolate chip cookies are everything you can ever ask for. It’s got the crispy edges with a soft, chewy, gooey center, plus it’s loaded with chocolate chips.
The secret to this cookie recipe is the “banana egg replacer.” You no longer have to go buy expensive vegan egg replacer to get the perfect texture to your vegan cookies. Say goodbye to rock hard, cardboard-like vegan cookies and say hello to these perfect chocolate chip cookies that will forever change your baking game.
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 220g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup earth balance (1 stick) 113g
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar (packed) 110g
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar 110g
- 1/2 banana (ripe) 50g
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (50-70% cacao content) 150g
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix earth balance, cane sugar, and brown sugar until well incorporated.If you don't have a stand mixer, melt earth balance on low heat; let it cool completely. Whisk melted butter with cane sugar and brown sugar until well incorporated. Then proceed with the steps below using a large bowl, whisk, spatula, and arm strength to mix your dough.
- In a separate bowl, mash banana with a whisk until smooth. Whisk in tapioca starch, water, and vanilla. Slowly incorporate this mixture into your stand mixer bowl with your butter and sugars.
- Add your dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda) into stand mixer. Mix on low until cookie dough forms. Add chopped chocolate or chocolate chips; mix on low until chocolate is evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Portion out balls of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Be sure to leave enough space in between each cookie as the cookies will spread while they bake.
- Bake cookies until golden brown around the edges, about 12-15 minutes (baking times will vary depending on your oven and the size of your cookies).
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets for at least 5 minutes or until cookies are firm enough to handle. Cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container.